UK consumer group urges Nintendo to remedy Joy-Con drift
Which? is a United Kingdom brand name that promotes informed consumer choice in the purchase of goods and services by testing products, highlighting inferior products or services, raising awareness of consumer rights and offering independent advice. In their most recent feature, Which? reached out to Nintendo fans to see if they’ve experienced Joy-Con drift.
The study from Which? shared the following results from respondents…
- 40% of respondents reported Joy-Con drift
- 57% of those who experienced drift said it happen within the console’s first year of life
- 57 per cent said that the issue occurred within their first year of owning the console
- 25% of those who experienced drift contacted Nintendo for a replacement
- 19% of cases didn’t include free repair or replacement
The results of this survey led to Which? director of policy and advocacy, Rocio Concha, to share the following statement.
“The percentage of Joy-Con controllers that have been reported as experiencing issues with the analogue stick in the past is small, and we have been making continuous improvements to the Joy-Con analogue stick since its launch in 2017.
We expect all our hardware to perform as designed, and, if anything falls short of this goal, we always encourage consumers to contact Nintendo customer support, who will be happy to openly and leniently resolve any consumer issues related to the Joy-Con controllers’ analogue sticks, including in cases where the warranty may no longer apply.”