Severed Steel headed to Nintendo Switch on July 21st, physical release confirmed
Digerati has revealed that Severed Steel, the Hyperkinetic first-person shooter, developed by Greylock Studios, is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 21st, 2022. Priced at $24.99.
A couple of weeks ago, some speculated that the game might see a physical release, since the ratings listed Merge Games as one of the publishers, and all of that is now confirmed to be true by the publisher, the physical edition will cost you $10 more than the digital version.
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 42 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying ‘Mutators’
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more