The Division 2 PS4 Title Update 15.1 Patch Notes: Proficiency Point Rollback
The Division 2 will be getting title update 15.1 tomorrow, May 31. While the majority of changes will be minor fixes for Season 9, one particular fix looks set to cause consternation amongst players. Having discovered a bug where players were getting extra Expertise progression out of Proficiency ranks gained with kill XP, Ubisoft Massive will be rolling back players’ levels, affecting item upgrades in the process.
The Division 2 Title Update 15.1 Patch Notes
At the moment, Proficiency ranks gained with kill XP count double towards expertise levels. This has led to some high-level players, but Ubisoft says “allowing higher levels now will have considerable impact on the long-term balance of the game.” The way they plan to fix this is to recalculate every player’s progression and roll it back to where they feel it should be. The catch is this will affect any items upgraded too, more specifically the materials players have already invested. The developer plans to offer SHD caches as compensation for the rollback but says “it is not possible for us to grant the exact same amount of materials invested due to lack of in-game data”. As such, the Twitter thread is filled with players already becoming upset over the changes before they’ve even happened.
— The Division 2 (@TheDivisionGame) May 30, 2022
You can find a full list of all of the other bug fixes and gameplay improvements below:
GEAR & WEAPONS
- The “Bluescreen” and “Dread Edict” exotic weapons are now being displayed on the wall in the shooting range.
- Fixed an issue with the “Chill Out” mask missing Gila Guard branding.
- Fixed an issue with the “Dread Edict” Exotic SVD not stacking with the “Perfect Focus” armor talent.
- Players can no longer gain the “Disruptor Rounds” stacks by shooting wildlife and dead NPCs with the “Bluescreen” Exotic LMG.
- Fixed the pulse immunity: it is now protecting against headshots
- Fixed the issue with the headshots made with Heartbreaker set equipped giving the bonus armor even if the other player has 100% pulse resistance
- Fixed the issue with the named “Chill Out” mask not dropping from the Named Item Cache
- Fixed an issue with players getting stuck on 100% loading screen after exiting Countdown Mode.
- Fixed an issue with the enemy NPC spawning in reactor after encounter was completed.
- Fixed an issue with the Hunters being shown as Black Tusk on the “Inspect” frame of the death screen.
- “Donate All Junk” button functionality is now fixed and should be giving the same number of materials regardless of the menu category.
- Upgrade grades are now displayed on SKILL and SIGNATURE WEAPONS in the inventory similar to Gear and Weapon items.
- The grade is also displayed in the Expertise Menu.
- Fixed an issue with the Upgrade animation not being displayed when upgrading a SKILL or SIGNATURE WEAPON in the Expertise Menu.
- Corrected the Expertise progression so that Proficiency ranks gained with kill XP will no longer count double towards expertise levels.
- Placeholder names are no longer present for some cosmetic premium rewards on the rewards track screen for languages other than English.
- Fixed an issue where only the session owner received the encryption key after completing Manhunt in a group.
- Players should no longer be missing the decryption key when resuming their personal progression after doing the decryption mission while in a group.
- The issue with the EMP drones in the “Hidden Alliance” Manhunt target missions having placeholder icons is now fixed.
- Fixed the issues when the investigation update does not appear on the HUD within the Manhunt investigation objectives after the Control Point completion.
- Fixed an issue with the server crashing when the player is entering a shared space while the VO from audio file is playing.
- Fixed an issue when the players do not receive a notification that the group leader cannot start a Takeover Bounty while the party members are in the mission area and the party leader is at least 100 meters away.
- Fixed an issue with the Prime Target mission objective not being updated if the players happen to stand close to the area leading to the mission’s next beat when all hostiles are eliminated.
- Fixed an issue where the Team leader would see “Activate Bounty” as an option when their teammate was in the mission area of the Takeover Bounty.
- Fixed an issue with the Assault Rifle “TKB-408” icon not being centered in the Inventory tab.
- Fixed an issue with the layer becoming invisible if they detonate the EMP sticky bomb while interacting with a ladder.
In other news, Life is Strange developer Dontnod is teasing news about their new project with Focus Entertainment for tomorrow. Elsewhere, Gran Turismo 7 Legendary car prices have increased after the latest update, leaving many fans unhappy.