Nintendo Release Reader – May 13, 2022
One week and a day late means we’ve got a lot to cover, especially considering this week’s Indie World Showcase. So, let’s get right to it, shall we?
- What’s better than driving through the countryside? Just you, the open road and the papercraft car you folded together as a part of art of rally’s physical edition from Serenity Forge, launching Sept. 16 on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 & 5. Both the Standard and Collector’s Editions are available for pre-order now from the Serenity Forge store or your favorite retailer, along with the title’s upcoming vinyl soundtrack.
- Amazing Superhero Squad—a vivid superhero corporation sim—will be released for Nintendo Switch on May 25th. Do you think it is easy to solve all the problems of a cursed city and not go insane? Lead a team of superheroes, save Storborg City from looming disasters and beat your dishonorable rivals.
- Behind Closed Doors: A Developer’s Tale will be released on Nintendo Switch on May 18th. You play as Ethan, who works in the office for a small video game development company while trying to support his pregnant wife. It is just a normal week for Ethan: waking up, going to work, coming home, going to bed, and repeating day after day. But then, something strange happens.
- Ace-in-the-hole developer Nerial (Reigns) and poker-faced publisher Devolver Digital (Devolver Bootleg) have announced their 18th Century European tale of deception, Card Shark, is coming to Nintendo Switch on June 2.
- Ziggurat Interactive will drop players behind enemy lines when the WWII tactical-action title Deadly Dozen Reloaded releases this summer with modern graphics and enhanced squad controls. Assemble your squad from a roster of twelve playable characters, each with individual stats, weapons, and equipment proficiencies, and take them behind enemy lines to complete dangerous objectives crucial to the Allied war effort.
- Merge Games and PLAYISM have announced a summer retail release of DEEEER Simulator: Your Average Everyday Deer Game. Developed by Japanese indie developer Gibier Games, DEEER Simulator: Your Average Everyday Deer Game lets you step into the life of a not-so-average-everyday deer. The title is best described as a “Slow-Life Town Destruction Game.” Spend your days frolicking, enjoying a peaceful life with the other animals around town…or weaponize your stretchy neck and pointy antlers to completely destroy everything and everyone around you.
- The Game Bakers are pleased to announce the new Onnamusha DLC for Furi, their stylish 100% boss rush game, will arrive May 17th. The DLC lets you play as Onnamusha Rider, a powerful fighter that alternates between two stances—fast and agile or slower but lethal until she’s able to unleash the devastating power of the Star. The new gameplay mechanics bring new challenges for a complete rediscovery of the game.
- Goetia 2 will be arriving on Nintendo Switch on May 19th! Explore a dark and unknown Venice in this point-and-click adventure. Your goal? Find a way to reunite your soul & body. Gather information & solve puzzles in your spectral form to make your way into this world despite the shenanigans of a troublesome demon!
- Atari is inviting you to revisit (or experience for the first time) the golden age of gaming through the retro reimagining Gravitar: Recharged, coming to all platforms on June 2, 2022. This time, you’re a fearless ship captain tasked with exploring galaxies far off in the depths of outer space with the option of enlisting a co-pilot via local co-op! Blast off with all-new power-ups, special abilities, and more, all against beautifully detailed spacey environments and backdrops.
- Red Art Games has announced a (hopeful) 2022 release of Helvetii on Nintendo Switch in the West. Helvetii is a 2D Action Roguelite game centered around the exploration of the ancient mythology and history of the Gaulish Helvetii tribes as well as myths from Celtic and other diverse cultures. The game adapts those elements into a challenging, fast-paced, modern, action game with a beautiful art style.
- Tate Multimedia has today published a brand new trailer showcasing the cast of characters set to feature in forthcoming platformer Kao the Kangaroo, which will debut on Friday 27th May, 2022. Kao (pronounced K-O) launched his first adventure on Dreamcast back in the year 2000. Now, two decades on, Tate Multimedia is rebooting Kao with his biggest adventure yet.
- La Pucelle: Ragnarok will make its western debut on August 30th as part of Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3. The game will come loaded with tons of new content including the Overlord Prier Scenario, and new characters like Etna, Flonne, Laharl and more! Find out who is friend or foe, and what it takes to be part of an elite demon-hunting group.
- Happy Juice Games has announced its forthcoming point-and-click puzzle adventure Lost in Play will launch on both Nintendo Switch later this Summer. Inspired by modern-day cartoons meant for children and adults as well as paying homage to Saturday morning cartoons, Lost in Play recaptures the spirit of play from our youth, when every sunny afternoon after school was spent adventuring in the backyard or gallivanting around the local park, casting an investigative eye over anything remotely out of the ordinary.
- NACON and Piece of Cake studio have revealed their new game: My Fantastic Ranch—a management game for young players set in a magical world inhabited by fantastic creatures. The gameplay, designed to be easy for children to access, involves developing and managing a dream ranch. The player has to adopt and care for new dragons and unicorns, arrange riding lessons, and match the right student to the right creature. Players will then watch them progress together and help them participate in events and tournaments that will raise the ranch’s profile.
- WildSphere and Perp Games have announce that Oxide Room 104 is to be released digitally on June 17th. Oxide Room 104 is a body-horror videogame where we will unexpectedly wake up in the bathtub of room 104 of the Night Soul Motel, after going to an appointment for a shady business that has apparently gone wrong. From that moment on, Matthew, the protagonist of this story, will have to use all his skills to find the way out of there and put an end to the worst experience of his life, but a horrible creature and a ruthless scientist will prevent him from doing so.
- Saber Interactive and 34BigThings have posted a new trailer for Redout 2, announcing that the next entry in the anti-gravity racing series will launch on May 26th. Redout 2 is the biggest and fastest entry in the series yet, with more tracks than ever before. Strafe, tilt and boost your customizable hovership through dozens of mind-bending, jaw-dropping courses in a variety of game modes, including an expansive single-player campaign plus competitive online multiplayer for up to 12 players.
- Indie publisher Ratalaika Games and developer Next Game Level will be releasing the shoot-em-up Remote Life on May 27th 2022. Remote Life is a salute to some of the amazing shooters on the scene. By adding the developer’s own touch of magic—with its beautifully rendered 3D backdrops, superbly created enemies, eye catching and jaw dropping bosses—this retro inspired shooter leaves an indelible impression.
- Spiral Circus and Fireshine Games have announce that the underwater puzzle-adventure Silt will release June 1st for the Nintendo Switch. Silt is a surreal puzzle-adventure set in a harrowing ocean abyss. Alone in an underwater void, the diver searches to uncover long-forgotten mysteries, exploring dangerous waters and harnessing their unusual power to possess sea creatures and venture deeper into the darkness.
- PM Studios and Grave Rave Games have announced that both the physical and digital editions of Squish will be headed out the gate on June 28, 2022. Fans of spoopy, squishy, fast-paced multiplayer action will be able to slip into the digital edition via the Nintendo eShop for $9.99. The physical edition of Squish contains stickers and a digital download voucher for the game’s amazing soundtrack.
- Surface Rush—an arcade/skill-based game where you must throw Pumpum and make him bounce through the ocean bottom—will reach Nintendo Switch on June 2nd. The Pumpum species come from a planet far away. They were happy on earth but could not prosper alongside the human race and many pumpum returned to their home planet. Upon returning, after many years, the city of Pumpum that was on earth had been submerged in the ocean.
- Fresh off its appearance in this week’s Nintendo Indie World showcase, Wayward Strand is a lovingly illustrated simultaneous storytelling game making waves for its earnest approach. Finally ready for its maiden voyage after six years of development, Wayward Strand will be landing on Nintendo Switch on July 21, 2022.
- Chucklefish has announced its upcoming deck-building adventure Wildfrost is coming to Nintendo Switch in winter 2022. In Wildfrost, players will build a deck of charming companions and powerful elemental items in an attempt to take back a world that has fallen to the Wildfrost. Only the small civilization of Snowdwell and the remaining survivors are left as the final stronghold against an eternal winter. Use strategy and card-building skills to reach the Sun Temple and banish the Wildfrost once and for all!
- THQ Nordic and Bugbear Studios have opened digital pre-orders for Wreckfest for Nintendo Switch. The game of vehicular destruction is coming June 21st with over-the-top crashes, neck-to-neck fights on multiple racing tracks and a considerable amount of vehicles to choose from.
- Badland Publishing, Infinigon, and Funstock have announce that the action-adventure RPG Zenith will be releasing in August 2022 on Nintendo Switch, and pre-orders have just opened. Adventuring, exploring ruins, and saving the world—you know the drill. After accidentally releasing the apocalypse upon the world, you are forced to play the hero to help rid the monsters.
The post Nintendo Release Reader – May 13, 2022 appeared first on Pure Nintendo.